Membership is open to individuals at all levels of genealogical experience. Meeting with others who share an interest in genealogy is fun as well as informative. Membership is for for a term of 12 months effective the date your membership application is received by the membership chairperson.
How to Join
- Invitation to all Society programs, including any special events.
- Subscription to the Society's Newsletter,The Family Tree, including access to archived issues.
- Access to the Society's secure Members Only Website.
- Participation in the Surname Exchange List.
- Online access to access to any speakers notes from monthly meetings.
To become a member, you can either signup online and pay with PayPal or you may download and complete a Membership Application and pay by check. When paying by check, please return the downloaded form with your Membership dues according to the instructions and mail it to our post office box in Columbia, MD.
How to Renew
If you are already a member, you can either renew online and pay with PayPal or you may pay by check.
- When you sign on as a member within 90 days of your membership expiration, you will receive a message notifying you of the days remaining in your membership. The message asks you to go to the "Profile" page where a "Renew Membership" button appears. Selecting this button takes you to a Renew Membership page. You can only renew under the same plan. If you wish to change plans you must notify the Membership Chairperson. to do so manually.
- When paying by check, please mail it to our post office box in Columbia, MD or provide it in person to the Membership Chairperson at an upcoming meeting. If you need to update your membership information then download and complete a Membership Application and return it with your Membership dues.
Dues are a function of how you chose to receive the newsletter:
||Newsletter by email
||Newsletter by USmail